Criteria for Applying
- Organizational Status: We fund Episcopal parishes and their nonprofit partners based on the following criteria:
- Either you are a parish/worshiping community in the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta, have filed a current Annual Parochial Report, and comply with Canon 20;
- OR you are a nonprofit organization with a substantial relationship with a qualifying parish in the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta; you must also be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit or have a qualifying fiscal agent.
- Mission-Oriented: While there are many worthwhile organizations and causes doing great work in our community, ECF specifically supports those working with the poor and oppressed, including efforts around hunger, homelessness, generational poverty, refugee services, human trafficking victims, and those whose lives have been impacted by the criminal justice system.
- Geographical Area: There are many phenomenal efforts and ministries geared towards national and international efforts to relieve poverty and oppression that are supported by parishes throughout the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta. However, ECF specifically supports those working in our local communities in Middle and North Georgia.
- Sustainable Partnerships: We recognize that it is through our collaborative efforts that we are able to see significant change. With that in mind, ECF prioritizes funding significant, sustainable ministries and partnerships with the community. While this does not exclude operational support for existing projects, ECF seeks to enable sustainable partnerships that utilize the skills and resources of our communities to accomplish that which we cannot do on our own. We recommend that all partners in the partnership work together to complete the application, and submit the application jointly.